Tuesday 10 May 2016

Putting on a show

For the last three years I have taken part in the annual York Open Studios event which takes place in April. For two of those years I have also been on the organising committee, and with around 100 artists exhibiting in about 70 venues that's a lot of organising, all done by a small group of volunteers, most of whom are also exhibiting too. (Yes I know, we're heroes - what can I say?).

Planning for the 2017 event has already started and our Call for Artists will be going out in July. In the meantime here's a very short film I made about the 2016 weekends.


If you'd like to know more about York Open Studios, as either a visitor or an artist (or both), you can visit the website here. You'll find a link on the homepage to sign up to our email newsletter to be kept up to date with announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear people's thoughts on this blog, but there may be a short delay before your comment appears publicly. Thanks for your patience.